Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Linkage

Like many of you with desk jobs, I spend alot of time eading news on-line in an attempt to avoid work. It's sad, but we all know it happens. Anyway, just wanted to post a few items (and two websites) that caught my eye this past week:

Bill Gates Pledges $900 Million to fight tuberculosis

I hope they start with my neighbor. I've learned my apartment has very thin walls, even in the shower. Apparently, I have Doc Holliday living next door to me. I can hear this guy in his morning ritual of hacking up a lung in the shower. I know we all get a little clogged, but this guy sounds like he injects a gallon of maple syrup into his resperatory system before he goes to bed. Luckily, the walls haven't caused me to hear him gettin' it on with anyone. Or worse, telling them he's their Huckleberry...

Reason #2346 that Al Gore has gone crazy

Nice research, Al.

I don't care how you feel about W., but is anyone regretting Gore's loss in hindsight? He's like that person you date, and seems pretty normal. Things are never too good, never too bad, and it doesn't really end that well. Later, you find out, they've either gone crazy, ended up in jail, had an illegitimate child, gone gay/lesbian, or all of the above.

The best part about this story is the quotes from the befuddled Canadians, wondering what the big deal is. It's nice to know they don't go as insane as we do about politics...well, except French Canadians.

John Kerry thinks he's smarter than you

Because, based on his stats, you probably didn't graduate high school. Did he really think anyone was going to buy this? Again, you may not like W., but the Democrats clearly had their heads up their asses in '04. So many potential candidates, and this is the guy the come up with. The only decision as bad was when the GOP picked Bob Dole as their guy in '96.

And now, for some fun websites:

Deadspin

If you like sports, and you like humor, this is the place for you. And if you are sick of how ESPN beats storylines into the ground, these guys are your kindred spirits.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

I'm sure many of you have already seen this. I think we have to send Conan O'Brien a thank you card for propelling Chuck Norris to the fore of dumb-ass comedy.

Off to see Son Volt in Athens tonight, sure to be a zombie tomorrow morning as I return to my no-sleep cycle.

No comments: